A breakup is a tough and difficult time and can take a toll on our mental, physical, and emotional health. It can negatively affect all other areas of your life and create a downward spiral unless you take control and survive your breakup. Breakups also have a tendency to cloud our judgments so we make poor decisions. Some advice below will help you to reduce the bad feeling. how to survive a breakup
1. Allow yourself plenty of healing time. Different people heal at different rates so be patient with yourself. It is okay to grieve and cry, just make sure you make an effort to not use this as an excuse for being a hermit many months later.
2. Stay busy. Don’t allow yourself any “daydreaming” time. If you have time for a part time job, get one. If you do not want a job, take up some volunteer work. Take up a hobby. Focus on anything you enjoy.
3. Exercise and improve your diet. Besides giving you a positive endorphin rush, joining a gym can put you into social circumstances. Through exercising and improving your diet, you will not only be taking care of your body and your health, you will improve your self-esteem as well.
4. Make an effort to meet new people. Join a club, take a class, volunteer, go the park, attend a concert. Allow these larger social groups to replace the connections you had with your lover for a while. Take action and just do it.
5. Strengthen your spiritual side. Go to church, learn from a yogi, or pray. It is amazing how these things can help re-center you.
6. Give advice to other women who have it much worse than you do. It will put things in perspective and allow you to stop feeling sorry for yourself. There are many people with problems far worse than yours. Help them.
7. Adopt a pet. Studies show that people with pets are overall happier and live longer. Go to your local animal shelter and adopt a pet in need. Just make sure you have the time to take care of your new friend properly. Print out this break-up advice and place it somewhere where you can see it every day.
These are some of the excellent break up advice for women that you should definitely consider.